President Muhammadu Buhari this Wednesday swore in seven new Ministers who have been screened and confirmed by the Senate.
The swearing-in at the Federal Executive Council (FEC) was done in two batches of four and three each.
The first set was Henry Ikechukwu Ikoh – Abia State, Umana Okon Umana – Akwa Ibom State, Odum Odih – Rivers State, and Ademola Adewole Adegoroye – Ondo State.
The second batch included Umar Ibrahim El-Yakub – Kano State, Goodluck Nnana Opiah – Imo State, and Egwumakama Joseph Nkama – Ebonyi State.
11 ministerial positions are affected by the reshuffle.
Below is the list of the ministers’ new portfolios:
1. Adeleke Mamora – Minister of Science and Technology (formerly Minister of State, Health)
2. Mu’azu Jaji Sambo – Minister of Transportation (formerly Minister of Power)
3. Umanna Okon Umanna – Minister of Niger Delta
4. Sharon Ikeazor – Minister of State, Niger Delta (formerly Minister of State, Environment)
5. Gbemisola Saraki – Minister of State, Mines and Steel Development (formerly minister of state, Transportation)
6. Umar Ibrahim EI-Yakub – Minister of State, Works and Housing
7. Goodluck Nanah Opiah – Minister of State, Education
8. Ekumankama Joseph Nkama – Minister of State, Health