The biggest Nigerian Women Football Pre-season Championship Flying Officers Cup will kick-off in Abuja on Monday. Here are 5 things you need to know about the competition below
1. The Competition was formerly known as the Naija Ratels Pre-season Championship.
2. This year’s edition was named ‘Flying Officers Cup’ in honour of late Tolulope Arotile, who was Nigeria first ever female combat helicopter pilot.
3. The Competition will hold in Abuja for the first time and will have 8 NWFL top teams in participation. .
4. Registration is free, accommodation of teams 70% subsidized and winner goes home with prize money of .1m.
5. NWFL Premiership side Edo Queens are defending Champions of this prestigious Championship and will be looking forward to winning it again.
Furthermore the organisers Ratel Sports Foundations has deemed it fit to include prize money for this year’s event.
A prize money of one million naira has been announced for the 2020 Flying officers cup.
The 2020 winner will go home with N500,000, while the first runner up wins N300,000 and the second runner up N200,000.
The winner will also go home with a Giant trophy for keeps, while high premium branded medals gold, silver and bronze will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams.
Branded jerseys, facecaps and 10 branded balls will be given to all participating teams, while players who distinguish themselves in the competition will receive special accolades such as best goalkeeper, Most valuable player etc.
The competition will start on Monday, 16th of November 2020 at the Aguiyi Ironsi Cantonment Sports Complex.